What records do I need to keep?

You will need to open a separate bank account for your Direct Payments and you will need to keep a record of any money you spend on Direct Payments. This will include:

  • Copies of pay slips
  • Bank statements
  • Receipts paid for other items related to Direct Payments
  • Tax returns

Local Authorities will require a ‘financial return’ from you during the year. This means you will need to tell your Local Authority how much money you have received, how much you have spent and therefore, how much you have in your Direct Payments bank account.

If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Icon Icon Icon

Related Posts

Fatal error: Call to undefined function yarpp_sql() in /homepages/41/d374926373/htdocs/wsb6427054901/wp-content/themes/maximus/single.php on line 78